Difference between it’s and its
There is a huge difference between it’s and its. It’s is the contraction (abbreviated form) of “it is” and “it has”
- I told him that it’s (it is) unfair to not invite John for dinner.
- It’s (it is) a reflection of love.
- It’s (it has) affected me.
Its is a possessive form of it; that is, it shows ownership the same way John‘s or David‘s does.
- You can recognize beiber’s music by its abrupt tempo changes.
- Its my cellphone.
- Taj Mahal is known for its beauty.